Sunday, February 5, 2012

why do you climb


Two months ago, I climbed Mt.Asama in Nagano prefecture. It was amazing!  I started climbing early in the morning. At the beginning,it was really foggy, but what I saw there was wonderful.  Two or three hours after starting, I watched a cloud running up a steep mountain. I was moved by the beauty of the forms that were created. The spirituality of it all was beyond compare.


 I reached the summit three or four hours later, and the view was breathtaking. The wind howled as a cloud came toward as if to take me away. As it engulfed me I felt a sense of peace and tranquility. This will forever be embedded in my soul.


In 1923 journalist asked famous alpinist George Mallory
― Why do you climb Mt. Everest?
His famous answer was
― Because it is there.

Tried to answers the mysterious question "why do you climb", a few answers are : a good view from the summit, accomplishment or beer after climbing, and so on. But I believe that  George Mallory's answer is on the right track. 
Climbing includes all af the arrangements from preparing at your desk before climbing to washing your shoes after climbing,of course it also include good view and beer. But most importantly the value that you gain cannot be divided amongst others. The experience of one is not the same as others.

No mattere the weather condition or no shops to purchase. I will always climb for the mountain is there waiting for my returen. 





No comments: